From Lived Experience Australia
LEA is excited to be able to offer sponsorship to consumers and carers to study Certificate IV Mental Health Peer Work, covering all course fees!
We have provided 24 sponsorships over the past 2 years and are excited to provide a further 12 sponsorships in our final year of this initiative.
Applications will open on 31 August 2021 for study commencing in 2021 or early 2022. You will only have 2 weeks to get your application submitted.
As members of Lived Experience Australia we are giving you advanced notice so that you can prepare for your application now, increasing your chance of success.
The successful applicants last year had researched all of the information prior to submitting their application. If you were not successful last year, we encourage you to apply again this year.
The key things you need to do to prepare are:
- Source a training provider that delivers the course in your state/territory or offers it online and call them
- Confirm your eligibility to enrol in the course
- Confirm places are available to enrol either in late 2021 or the first half of 2022
- Confirm the total course cost (after any subsidies you might be eligible for). Note that if you are successful, this will be the maximum amount of your sponsorship
- Make sure you have the RTOs contact details recorded
- Start looking at the example application form and get your application ready
- Applications will open on 31 August 2021 via this link (you can bookmark the link and check back on 31 August when it goes live)
Sponsorships are available to individuals who have lived experience of mental health conditions as either a consumer or carer who either currently work, volunteer or are interested in working in the mental health sector.
Sponsorships available for Australian residents, living anywhere in Australia (availability of courses may differ and individuals should check on delivery options with training providers directly).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who were not successful last year are encouraged to apply again.
For help in Australia
Salvation Army Care Line 1300 36 36 22
Reach Out http://au.reachout.com/tough-times
Headspace Register and chat now at eheadspace, or call 1800 650 890 Headspace
Lifeline 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au/
Mensline Australia 1300 78 99 78 (24 hour phone counselling and referral)
Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
Mates in Construction: 1300 642 111
QLife 1800 184 527 Phone & Chat 3.00 pm – 12.00 pm everyday
SANE Australia Helpline Chat – Talk to a mental health professional (weekdays, 10 am-10 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time) 1800 187 263