Are you 18 years or older and have been using an antipsychotic to manage a mental illness for at least 3 months?
If so, then Griffith University researchers want to talk to you about your journey.
We are driven to understand your individual experience and perspective about using an antipsychotic, the impact of this medication on multiple facets of your daily life (e.g. emotional and physical) and the strategies you have used to overcome these effects.
With your participation, strategies used to overcome the negative impacts of antipsychotics can be further understood and used to assist new or current users of antipsychotics in overcoming associated side effects.
Study ethics approval has been obtained from Griffith University (2020/945).
What is involved?
- A chat (30-45 minutes) with a researcher at your local Stepping Stone Clubhouse or via the phone, or online, at a time convenient to you.
- We would also like to discuss your journey leading to the use of antipsychotics, other medication use (if applicable) and involvement with health professionals.
- To further ensure that study findings are relevant and are an accurate representation of your viewpoint on the topic, there will be an opportunity for a follow up discussion OR focus group with other participants to discuss the research and gather feedback.
- You are welcome to bring a support person if that is your wish.
- You will receive a $30 gift voucher as appreciation for you time.
- If you are interested
Please email Ben Lumsden: email@example.com
For help in Australia
Salvation Army Care Line 1300 36 36 22
Reach Out http://au.reachout.com/tough-times
Headspace Register and chat now at eheadspace, or call 1800 650 890 Headspace
Lifeline 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org.au/
Mensline Australia 1300 78 99 78 (24 hour phone counselling and referral)
Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
Mates in Construction: 1300 642 111
QLife 1800 184 527 Phone & Chat 3.00 pm – 12.00 pm everyday
SANE Australia Helpline Chat – Talk to a mental health professional (weekdays, 10 am-10 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time) 1800 187 263